Giro Helmet Fit System Replacement Kit
The Giro In Form is a design that enables you to customize the fit of your Giro helmet to the unique shape of your head. You'll find the In Form in many of the most popular Giro helmets. The In Form was first introduced in 2008, and only appears in 2008 and newer model years.
Basic Design of the Giro In Form System.
The Giro In Form Fit System has a flexible pad at the base of the back of the helmet. The pad conforms to your head shape as you make adjustments to the different parts of the system, giving you a plush, comfortable fit - customized to your head shape.
Here's how the Giro In-Form Fit System customizes the fit of your helmet.
The ergonomic fit dial at the base of the unit is easy to access, even with gloves on your hands. Set the adjustment once per season, day, or all the time - it's up to you.
- Outrigger arms extend from the pad forward towards the front of the helmet. The outriggers allow the whole unit to rotate/pivot when you adjust the vertical height or dial in the fit.
- Vertical height adjustment allows you to further customize the fit by adjusting the helmet forward and backwards. The helmet liner and the top of the fit system pad have a series of snaps that allow you to adjust the vertical positioning of the fit system. So, you can customize the fit to your head shape and the specific goggles you wear up front.
- Taken together, these adjustment points designed into the In-Form Fit System allow you to totally customize the fit of your Giro Helmet. Long hair today, short hair tomorrow, buzz cut next season - whatever. Dial in your helmet to fit you just right every time.
- The replacement Giro Fit System may or may not look exactly the same as the original.
- Genuine Giro replacement part.